It appears as though you do not have permission

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Wed Jul 26 23:55:58 CEST 2006

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Rusch, Daniel wrote:

> I have nagios set up so that users must login to get to the main page.
> That works

Which username do you see in the apache logs? Is it identical to the name
used with nagios? And I do not mean Identical but identical.
(Windows users tend to forget that case-sensitive is the norm and not the
exception. ;-)

> I have a user "myuser" that is a contact (the myuser name is a short
> name of a contact) for several hosts. myuser logins into the nagios site
> gets to the main page then clicks on the host detail or service detail
> and gets this error:
>
> "It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
> any of the services you requested"
>
> According to the definitions above myuser should be able to see the
> hosts or services they are a contact for?

Do you use the same contact for host and services on that host? Do you
mind showing a sample of your config?

It should be something like:

define host{
        use                             linux-counter-template
        host_name                       aleph.counter.li.org
        alias                           aleph.counter.li.org
        address                         158.38.152.241
        hostgroups                      linux-counter
        contact_groups                  linux-counter
        }

define service{
        use                             linux-counter-template
        host_name                       aleph.counter.li.org
        service_description             HTTP-lugww.counter.li.org
        check_command                   check_http_url!lugww.counter.li.org!/index.cms
        contact_groups                  linux-counter
        }

define contactgroup {
        contactgroup_name               linux-counter
        alias                           linux-counter
        members                         hvdkooij
        }

And I know this setup works as I have several users with rights restricted
to a few hosts only.

Hugo.

		Don't meddle in the affairs of magicians,
		for they are subtle and quick to anger.