Why do I get these socket timeouts?!?!

Greg Cope greg.cope at e-dba.net
Wed Jul 26 10:59:21 CEST 2006

Thanks for all the replies.

I'll reset the check_nrpe -t timeout to 20 or 30 secs to see if it goes
away.

These hosts are running Oracle rac so often have a load of up to 10,
mostly due to IO wait on disks. Rarely CPU.  I know an SSL chat will
take some CPU, but not 10 secs worth on a dual proc host.  Even if it is
running RAC.

Thanks again.

Greg