any tools that can automatically draw a n etwork topology map?

Marcus Fleige mfleige at rhenus.de
Wed Jul 26 09:37:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

陈寅 wrote:

>  So far as I know, Nagios cannot automatically draw a network topology
> map, neither does OpenNMS, but recently I really need such a tool. Does
> anybody know where to find one?

Well, Nagios can, if you use the 'parent'-option troughout your config
files, you get quite a nice overview in the Status Map. However, with a
lot of hosts this is not an option, as the map becomes more and more
unreadable. I don't wan't to advertise, but some time ago i tried
InterMapper, which was quite impressive to me. It surely is not the only
  solution, it's not even a free one, but i guess it's not bad at all.

So long,

Marcus