Nagios and SQL Server 2003

Thibault Genessay tgenessay at aliadis.fr
Mon Jul 24 17:48:22 CEST 2006

Hi Julien

REMY Julien wrote:
> Is it possible to supervise if SQL Server turns on a server ?

I'm hopefully french so I understand that by "turn" you mean "run"  :)
Well you can perform check_tcp on port 1433 (by default - I had told you
1443 in a previous email, that I sent to you only ... holidays get
closer, thanks god). This will only tell you if the TCP agent is
listening, but it's a good start.

You can then use WMI (through the check_nt server-side plugin with the
NC_NET client side software) to retrieve very interesting values such as
the number of clients connected, the number of transactions per second
and the like.

Cheers

--
Thibault GENESSAY