not receiving the nagios notifications

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sun Jul 23 16:05:45 CEST 2006

You've told it not to. See below.

> define contact{
>        contact_name    felipe
>        alias   Felipe Tocchetto
>        host_notification_period        24x7
>        service_notification_period     24x7
>        host_notification_options       d,u,r,n
>        service_notification_options    w,u,c,r,n
>        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email
>        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email
>        email   felipe at valid-domain.br
>        }

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#contact

For host_notification_options and service_notification_options, 'n'
means don't send _any_ notifications. Remove it and restart nagios.

host_notification_options: 	This directive is used to define the
host states for which notifications can be sent out to this contact.
Valid options are a combination of one or more of the following: d =
notify on DOWN host states, u = notify on UNREACHABLE host states, and r
= notify on host recoveries (UP states). *****If you specify n (none) as
an option, the contact will not receive any type of host
notifications.*****

service_notification_options: 	This directive is used to define the
service states for which notifications can be sent out to this contact.
Valid options are a combination of one or more of the following: w =
notify on WARNING service states, u = notify on UNKNOWN service states,
c = notify on CRITICAL service states, and r = notify on service
recoveries (OK states). *****If you specify n (none) as an option, the
contact will not receive any type of service notifications.*****

(emphasis mine)

--