not receiving the nagios notifications

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Jul 22 23:27:15 CEST 2006

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006, Felipe Tocchetto wrote:

> I have a nagios 2.4 here, I already insert some hosts to it monitor.
> But when a host goes down, the nagios system do not send me the
> notifications by email.

And just what DO you see happening in the ligs?

Keep in mind that nagios is not intended as host monitor but service
monitor. If you want a check on host make it a pseudo service on the host.
Like the PING example you have seen.

More details can be found in the many posts in the archives on this list
regarding this matter.

Hugo.

		Don't meddle in the affairs of magicians,
		for they are subtle and quick to anger.