nagios using wrong ip for host?

Hari Sekhon harisekhon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:29:34 CEST 2006

My nagios server is telling me that a host is down despite also saying
that a service on that host is up !!!!!!

MyServer     Oracle       OK     20-07-2006 18:23:52     0d 0h 48m 44s
    1/3     OK - dummy login connected

                    SSH    CRITICAL     20-07-2006 18:22:26     0d 1h
28m 30s     3/3     No route to host

Looking at the host status is says

MyServer    DOWN     20-07-2006 18:25:19     0d 1h 30m 54s     CRITICAL
- Host Unreachable (192.168.1.29)

but the ip address for the server is 192.168.1.43, why is it using the
wrong address?????????

We just had a blown fuse and lost a bunch of servers earlier but
everything has been back and working for over and hour now, why the heck
it is using the wrong ip and how do I get it to use the right one? I've
already rebooted it several times...

Also, how come one check works, it must be going to the right place
since there is no .29 host, but the other check must be using the wrong
address because the service is up and I can log in via SSH on that machine.

Very Strange.

-h