Notifications and acknowledgements

Guillaume silencer at free-4ever.net
Thu Jul 20 15:40:45 CEST 2006

Deborah Martin a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Suse 9.1 with Nagios 2.0b4
>
> I have a service alerting as Critical which I then acknowledged.
> Notifications were then supressed.
> However, I had to restart Nagios sometime later after adding some further
> services/hosts and it seems that the acknowledgement still remains across
> the restart but the notifications have started again.
>
> Is this expected behaviour ? I've trawled through the docs and archives but
> cannot find a definitive
> answer so any advice would be appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> deborah

> are addressed. Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly
> prohibited.
>
> Whilst Kognitio Limited takes steps to prevent the transmission of
> viruses via e-mail, we can not guarantee that any email or
> attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly
> advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions.
>
> Kognitio grants no warranties regarding performance,
> use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no
> liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused.

Hi,

It depends if you retain state and non state informations

If I remember, you can check the comment still on the service but not
the acknolegment, so the notification restart.

About what I've just said, I'm tolking about Nagios generally, not
especially about 2.0b4 !

Regards
Guillaume

--
Guillaume
E-mail: silencer_<at>_free-4ever_<dot>_net