how do i monitor snmp

Thomas Sluyter nagios at kilala.nl
Thu Jul 20 14:59:24 CEST 2006

On 20 Jul, 2006, at 14:50, karthik arya wrote:

> hey
>
> But i'm getting the error:Error: Service check command 'check_snmp'
> specified in service 'SNMP' for host 'example.com' not defined
> anywhere!
> Obviously i'm missing something.

Yes... This problem seems to be very common and I guess this is
something Ethan should get fixed... Some way...

The problem is that you didn't read the manual.

I'm just not sure how Ethan (or anyone else writing patches) can
fixed this. *ponders deeply*

The real problems are many:
1. You are using exemplary files without changing them. Honestly...
"example.com"?
2. The file checkcommands.cfg does not contain a definition for the
"check_snmp" command. You should add one :)

Cheers,

Thomas