how to configure snmp 5.3 that snmptrap are received ?

Armin Irger irger.armin at web.de
Wed Jul 19 12:24:02 CEST 2006

Hello,

my nagios 2.4 runs well, now i want the the nagios server received snmptraps and send it to snmptt.
The snmpd.conf looks like
---
com2sec local localhost public
com2sec mynetwork 141.60.120.0/24 public

group RWGroup v1 local
group RWGroup v2c local
group RWGroup usm local
group ROGroup v1 mynetwork
group ROGroup v2c mynetwork
group ROGroup usm mynetwork

view all included .1

access ROGroup "" any noauth exact all none none
access RWGroup "" any noauth exact all all none

syslocation HERE
syscontact root at localhost

authtrapenable 1
trapcommunity public
trapsink localhost
trap2sink localhost
---

If i send a trap like
#snmptrap -v 2c -c public localhost "" ucdStart sysContact.0 s "Dave"

only in the /var/log/net-snmptrap.log appears

No access configuration - dropping trap.

:-(

I have no clue how to setup the access control.
With the information on www.net-snmp.org i can't get it run :-(

If i try to google for a snmpd.conf version 5.3 for receiving traps i got no usable results.

Please help me.

The normal snmp plugins from nagios works with this settings, only the traps make problems.

Greetings
Armin Irger

http://smartsurfer.web.de/?mc=100071&distributionid=000000000071