Best Practise Suggestions

Robert Jackson rab at walkermartyn.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 11:01:06 CEST 2006

I'm currently in the process of setting up Nagios 2.4 on RHEL4.

I'm actually looking for some advice as to what monitoring to set-up for
the
'edge' of our network.

Our link to the outside world is a 2Mb leased line connected to a Cisco
1600
series router. This is a managed service by our ISP (therefore cannot
access
internal configuration via SNMP). The router is connected to 1 port of
our
internal firewall (the IP address of the firewall port is our external
IP address).
Another firewall port connects to our internal network and a third
connects
to our hosting network.

I'm looking for suggestions as to what to monitor that would allow me to
get
the most out of Nagios under this scenario.

Regards,
Rab.
Robert Jackson                                  Phone: +44 (0) 141 332
7999
Software Engineer                                 Fax:  +44 (0) 141 331
2820
Walker Martyn Ltd
1 Park Circus Place                            Email:
rab at walkermartyn.co.uk
Glasgow G3 6AH, Scotland                   Web:
http://www.walkermartyn.co.uk

The information in this internet E-mail is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in it
by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions presented are
Walker Martyn Ltd or any of its affiliates. If you are not the
intended recipient please contact  administrator at walkermartyn.co.uk