not worth the upgrade after all

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jul 18 23:34:16 CEST 2006

It allows you to have different contacts per host, regardless of the
hostgroups they are in. The converse is that you don't have to put a
host in multiple hostgroups _just_ to have multiple independent
contacts. This change allows for much greater flexibility for
host-specific contacts.

I personally consider consistency a win myself. I also never
particularly liked that couldn't enable notifications, or even a
different contact, for just one host in a hostgroup without jumping
through hoops or creating a dedicated hostgroup.

In the end, you don't *have* to upgrade if the change is so burdensome.
That's one of the benefits of OSS.

--
Marc