Nagios - Nsca - OCSP command Timedout

Sumit malhotra hugs_2b at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 21:10:03 CEST 2006

--- Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:
Hello Marc,

> [...]
Here is the xinetd configurations
service nsca
{
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = nagios
        group           = nagios
        server          = /usr/sbin/nsca
        server_args     = -c /etc/nsca.cfg --inetd
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        instances       = 200
        disable         = no
}

Also, sometimes nsca goes in adefunct state. I have no
clue why ?

 3054 ?        Rs     0:01 /usr/sbin/xinetd -pidfile
/var/run/xinetd.pid -stayalive
21552 ?        Zs     0:00  \_ [nsca] <defunct>
21553 ?        Zs     0:00  \_ [nsca] <defunct>
21554 ?        Zs     0:00  \_ [nsca] <defunct>
21555 ?        Ss     0:00  \_ nsca -c /etc/nsca.cfg
--inetd
21556 ?        Ss     0:00  \_ nsca -c /etc/nsca.cfg
--inetd

nsca.cfg
-------------
server_port=5667
server_address=x.x.x.x
nsca_user=nagios
nsca_group=nagios
debug=0
command_file=/var/lib/nagios2/rw/nagios.cmd
aggregate_writes=0
append_to_file=0
max_packet_age=30
password=xxxxxxxxx