Nagios - Nsca - OCSP command Timedout

Sumit malhotra hugs_2b at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 19:25:32 CEST 2006

Hello,

I  am using Nagios in a distributed environment where
many systems report to a central nagios server via
NSCA.

Many a times  the nsca command(ocsp and oshp command)
times out due to low response time from remote nsca.

As the results submiteed by remote client are not
received, it causes an alert to be generated.
(I am using nsca -server in inetd mode.)

I have few questions:

1. Is it possible to set up NSCA -server so that it
doesn't time out ? What's the deterministic parameter?
is it RAM ? CPU? or NETWORK CHOKING.

In Normal scenarios I have  90% RAM as free
Average System Load is  1.5
Network of 10MB is available. with only 100 odd hosts
to report to ( It's not getting choked either)

2. Is it possbile to retry sending  in 15 seconds if
the ochp/ocsp command has timed out ?

Thanks
Sumit