Monitoring Nagios?

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Mon Jul 17 20:47:34 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 12:41:59PM -0600, Tim Pushor wrote:
>  - Has anything like this been done
>  - If not, whats the best (easiest) way to monitor the nagios process?
> Can nagios be configured to write something to a log file, so we know
> that its still running? (by checking on the modified date on the file)
There is a plugin called check_nagios that checks the nagios
status file for that very thing. The CGI's can also call this
plugin, although you'll have to check what the output looks like
when Nagios is down to see what to check for with the HTTP
monitor.

-Jason Martin
--
I'm leaving my body to science fiction.