performance data file unexpectedly truncated.

Daniel Reynolds danny at deakin.edu.au
Mon Jul 17 02:36:08 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am running nagios-2.3.1 (rpm from DAG repository) on enterprise Redhat
Enterprise Linux 2.4.

Nagios has been configured to write out performance data to a file. The
configuration works but sometime later, (I think when Nagios archives
nagios.log), the performance data file is truncated and no more data is
written to the performance data file.  This also occurs for Nagios 2.4.

Has any body else seen this problem?

Regards,
Danny Reynolds.