service viewing rights w/out command rights

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Jul 14 17:50:50 CEST 2006

On 14 Jul 2006, at 15:35, Josh Yost wrote:

> Hi all,
> 	Is it possible to create a contactgroup that has viewing rights for a
> servicegroup but does not have permissions to the service
> commands?  An
> example is I'd like tech support personnel to be able to login and
> view
> the status of the services they're allowed to see w/out being able to
> issue commands.
>
> It doesn't appear so from the documentation, but I thought I'd ask.
>
> If not, can someone point me to the place in the source code to edit?
> I'm guessing cmd.c would be the place to start, but I'll need to keep
> reading it.
>
> I guess I could also pull the required info w/ wget or something
> and put
> it on a different webpage away from Nagios...but what's the fun in
> that?

I think you want our patch. This allows a contact to be specified
with a flag to stop them submitting commands, yet you can still use
contactgroups to specify what services they are allowed to see. This
is in the Nagios 3 branch, but Ethan has not put it into Nagios 2.x -
drop him a line if you find it useful!

http://altinity.blogs.com/dotorg/2006/02/a_view_some_cha.html

Ton

http://www.altinity.com