NRPE in AIX5L...?

Alexander Harvey alexh19740110 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 08:38:23 CEST 2006

Sorry, should have done my research first but I discovered this in the
archives: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6818296

Does anyone know if there was ever a patch released? Am I on the wrong
track? Has anyone made NRPE work on AIX such that when we run the following
test on the host instead of getting:

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H grenados
CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes.  Are we allowed to connect to the host?

we get

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H cairns
NRPE v1.9

as expected?