syslog-ng process monitor plugin

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jul 14 04:08:03 CEST 2006

check_procs will only check for processes on the local machine.  Use the
-h option to see all the parameters you can give it to check for
different things.  You will probably want to use NRPE to run the
check_procs plugin on the remote server (this is how we do it here)

check_nrpe -H 172.2.23.1 -c check_procs -a syslog-ng 1 1024

and then in the nrpe.cfg on the remote machine

command[check_procs]=/usr/local/nrpe/check_procs -w "1:$ARG2$" -c
"1:$ARG3$" -C "$ARG1$"

Steve