Scheduler not running

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Thu Jul 13 03:53:23 CEST 2006

A large number down hosts will adversely affect the scheduling of active
checks.

This is because host checks:
  -supercedes all other scheduled activiy
  -are performed serially
  -includes a host check of the device's parent(s)
  -are performed for every failed service check

You can minimize this effect a little by disabling all active checks except
one for hosts that you know will be remain down for a while. (that way it's
not host-checked after every one of it's services, just the one)