Setting scheduled downtimes a posteriori

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Jul 12 21:59:19 CEST 2006

We
> have tried it but it seems it has no effect when you calculate the
> availability...

Definitely not through the gui. This is untested but since the reports
use the log files only for their information, I would imagine that you
can just insert downtime log entries at the correct time locations in
the correct log file --

For a host --
[1105463596] HOST DOWNTIME ALERT: sample-hostname;STARTED; Host has
entered a period of scheduled downtime
[1105470770] HOST DOWNTIME ALERT: sample-hostname;STOPPED; Host has
exited from a period of scheduled downtime

For a service --
[1105467783] SERVICE DOWNTIME ALERT: someother-hostname;PING;STARTED;
Service has entered a period of scheduled downtime
[other normal log entries]
[1105474963] SERVICE DOWNTIME ALERT: someother-hostname;PING;STOPPED;
Service has exited from a period of scheduled downtime

The numbers in [] are the timestamp for the beginning and end of the
downtimes.

--
Marc