RES: Custom Objects

Bruno Nagano Bruno.Nagano at grupont.com.br
Wed Jul 12 21:50:27 CEST 2006

I am trying to add a code field to the server template:

In the "bigger.cfg"

define host{

      name                    generic-host      ; The name of this host
template - referenced in other host definitions, used for template
recursion/resolution

      notifications_enabled        1     ; Host notifications are
enabled

      event_handler_enabled        1     ; Host event handler is enabled

      flap_detection_enabled       1     ; Flap detection is enabled

      process_perf_data       1     ; Process performance data

      retain_status_information    1     ; Retain status information
across program restarts

      retain_nonstatus_information 1     ; Retain non-status information
across program restarts

      cd_object               1     ;New field in order to place a
constant                                     value

      register                0     ; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION -
ITS NOT A REAL HOST, JUST A TEMPLATE!

      }

What I want to do is to add a field to the object so I can read it and
send to my notification plug-in. I need the extra bit of info in order
to access a database for failures.

Thanks in advance,

Bruno