rss add on

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Tue Jul 11 14:12:30 CEST 2006

Vinod,

My guess is that you have nagios setup to read *.cfg as Nagios config
files. rss.cfg is a config file for rss4nagios, which is in perl
format. So when nagios starts up, it complains about this "funny"
format.

You'll need to alter your Nagios configuration or move rss.cfg into a
different directory.

Ton

On 11 Jul 2006, at 10:02, Vinod wrote:

> Hi
>
> I had copied the  rss.cfg.in file from the rss4nagios folder as
> rss.cfg in the /usr/local/nagios/etc/ folder.
>

> Regards
> Vinod
>
> Thomas Sluyter <nagios at kilala.nl> wrote:
> On 11 Jul, 2006, at 9:51, Vinod wrote:
>
> > When i run /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/
> > nagios.cfg
> > it gives me this error
> > Error: Unexpected token or statement in file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/
> > rss.cfg' on line 4
> >
> > Please suggest do i need to make any changes in the rss.cfg file
>
> Uhm, yes... That's what the error message says, doesn't it?
>
> Could you please give us a sample of the contents of rss.cfg to see
> what's wrong?
>
> Cheers!
>

> Thomas

> ---
> security?
> job easier
> Geronimo
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?
> cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
> reporting any issue.
>

> Vinod Moraes

> Great rates starting at 1¢/min.
>
> This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController.

> ---
> security?
> job easier
> Geronimo
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?
> cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
> reporting any issue.

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725