check_rpc returns Unknown "Program -H is notdefined"

John Daily jdaily at apparatus.net
Sat Jul 8 19:35:09 CEST 2006

If you look at the Perl code (at least for the latest version of the plugin), that error message can only result when the code thinks that -H is being passed as an argument (not a switch), or as the argument to -C.

I tried various broken invocations to reproduce your problem, but I couldn't.  Are you using the latest version of the plugin?

My version:   check_rpc (nagios-plugins 1.4.2) 1.8

It's extremely frustrating that there's no simple way to view the exact command being invoked by nagios.  It would seem likely that there's a spurious character or something else weird about the way it's being invoked.

-John