authenticated at the second time

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jul 7 16:30:42 CEST 2006

Check your apache error log for problems. At this point in the process
it's all Apache.

Where did you put .htaccess files? Are they all the same or are they
different. The minimum requirement is a single .htaccess file in the
sbin directory. If you have significantly different .htaccess files you
may be prompted multiple times by apache to authenticate.

What are the contents of the .htaccess file? Verify it's identical or
mostly identical to the documentation.

--
Marc