No config files found in nagio 2.4

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jul 6 19:31:29 CEST 2006

[chop]

> I have checked the /usr/local/nagios/etc directory where it should be
but
> i couldn't find any hosts,groups ...etc file in this directory.
>
> I have only these sample files bigger.cfg  cgi.cfg  checkcommands.cfg
> minimal.cfg  misccommands.cfg  nagios.cfg  resource.cfg
>
> In nagios 2.4 we have create all these files manually or how to fix
this
> problem

Yes, you have to create them or modify the example files to suit your
environment.

Last step of http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/installing.html --

Configuring Nagios

So now you have things compiled and installed, but you still haven't
configured Nagios or defined objects (hosts, services, etc.) that should
be monitored. Information on configuring Nagios and defining objects can
be found here. There's a lot to configure, but don't let it discourage
you - its well worth it.

The link goes to http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/config.html.

--
Marc