Oracle plugin check_oracle

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Tue Jul 4 18:04:48 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 04:49:42PM +0100, Hari Sekhon wrote:
> has anybody got the check_oracle plug-in working? I usually try to do
> this stuff from the command line first to see how it works before
> creating the check_command definition but it's not working for this
> plug-in. The error I get is:
>
> ./check_oracle --tns 192.168.1.99
> Cannot determine ORACLE_HOME for sid 192.168.1.99
>
> Which according to --help is supposed to check a remote oracle server,
> so why on earth is it asking for ORACLE_HOME, when this machine has no
> oracle on it and won't have a home? The same happens when using the tns
> name (which also resolves via dns).
check_oracle is a shell script that calls tnsping or sqlplus to
do its work.  It requires that the oracle client utilities be
installed for it to work. You need to either run this via
ssh/NRPE or install Oracle on the host initiating the check.

-Jason Martin
--
Captain, why not just give the Borg Windows? - Worf
This message is PGP/MIME signed.