Issues with Nagios 2.4?

Michael T. Halligan michael at halligan.org
Mon Jul 3 22:01:12 CEST 2006

>> Here's my Nagios log without comments or blank lines
> <snip>
>> service_inter_check_delay_method=n
> <snip>
>> host_inter_check_delay_method=n
>
> Try using a setting of 's' for these two directives.
> "Using no delay is generally not recommended." -- Nagios Documentatio

These are some parameters I've been fiddling with. There is no difference
when I use =s versus =n, it's consistently unreliable no matter what I
try.

> Next, look at your scheduling queue for clues (note that host checks will
> not be 'scheduled', only service checks get shceduled)

Well, I do notice that most of my schedules checks are in a past-time, and
I have to assume that they're just not getting run.

> Finally, if there are a very large numbers of hosts in down/unreachable
> state, they can affect your service check performance severly.

BitPusher, LLC
http://www.bitpusher.com/
1.888.9PUSHER
(415) 724.7998 - Mobile