NagiosGrapher: How do the links work?

Alastair Sheppard sheppard at lincoln.ac.nz
Tue Jan 31 19:56:22 CET 2006

Hi Hugo

Had the same problem a while back and it related to the case of
 my service_description, as in uppercase or lowercase. I had defined
 my normal service check for http and it included the following:

        service_description             HTTP

So, I made another check (for another server) that included this:

        service_description             http://www.lincoln.ac.nz

and I got the same exact error as you are getting when it tried
 to create the rrd for the http result. I am using the default NagiosGrap
her template for the HTTP check, so it turned out that the regex
 check will not care about case when creating the servcieextinfo.cfg
 entry or looking for a match but will try to create the rrd file,
 but will cause fail with the "step" error.

My solution after some very crude debugging was to change my service_desc
ription in the lower example to

        service_description             HTTP://www.lincoln.ac.nz

and it worked. Now, not the best fix, but if this helps pin point
 the bit of the script that is causing the error, then that would
 be a good thing.

Hope that helps in some way.

Cheers

Alastair

- Alastair Sheppard (al.sheppard)

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html?&tx_maillisttofaq_pi
1[showUid]=14779