pNSClient on a Windows 2003 Server

Kai Reese foranor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 09:10:09 CET 2006

Hey everyone.

I'm having a problem with pNSClient on a Windows 2003 Server.

I'm quite aware of the fact that there is only mentioning of 2000 and
XP hosts to run the service on in the documentation, however, I
managed to get it running on 1 2003 host (german language) but not on
another (2003 english with multi-user-interface set to german).

It seems to install the service fine, but whn I try to start it, the
process is aborted and the application event log shows this entry
(Sorry it's in german..)

Fehlgeschlagene Anwendung pNSClient.exe, Version 2.0.1.0,
fehlgeschlagenes Modul unknown, Version 0.0.0.0, Fehleradresse
0x008423f5.

Weitere Informationen über die Hilfe- und Supportdienste erhalten Sie
unter http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
<<

I don't seem to find any hint on which counter.defs definition it
tries to apply, and I'm guessing it has to do with the MUI, but would
anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this? Or are there other
plugins for 2003 servers that I missed looking for a windows
nrpe-client?

Kai