Graphing values from nagios

Toto Capuccino shoktai at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 18:00:52 CET 2006

i didnt get nagiosgraph working, maybe you can help.
I followed the INSTALL paper.

   - I got nagiosgraph.conf, map, insert.pl and show.cgi in
   /usr/local/nagios/nagiosgraph/

   - In nagios.cfg i set:

     process_performance_data=1
     service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata

   - In misccommands.cfg:

        define command {
          command_name  process-service-perfdata
          command_line  /usr/local/nagios/nagiosgraph/insert.pl
   "$LASTCHECK$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$OUTPUT$\t$PERFDATA$"
        }

   - an icon in .../share/images/logos/
   - in /usr/local/nagios/etc/serviceextinfo.cfg

      Most services can be graphed with no particular configuration like
   this:

        define serviceextinfo {
          service_description  serviceblabla
          host_name       server01,server02
          notes_url
   /nagiosgraph/show.cgi?host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$
          icon_image      graph.gif
          icon_image_alt  View graphs
        }

   - ScriptAlias /nagiosgraph/ /usr/local/nagios/nagiosgraph/ in
   apache2.conf. The result i get is simply nothing. What did i forgot ?
   What do i have to put in nagios.cfg to link to serviceextinfo.cfg ? I
   put cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/serviceextinfo.cfg without success. Do i
   have to put something in services.cfg? Thanks

 Have you installed a graphing add-on? nagiosgraph works fairly well. You