db support in 1.3

Don Lewis donnell.lewis at icoretechnology.com
Wed Jan 25 18:16:14 CET 2006

Even when compiled with db support it should still be using the files in
addition.  If not I'm afraid you will have to recompile to have it start
writing to files once again.  If it's using a module like ndoutils or
similar the settings should be in nagios.cfg under

event_broker_options=-1

If that is set above then you have a module handling this and sending
this into a database, if that IS set try setting it to =0 and reload
nagios which will have it not broker anything to the database.  If you
want it out altogether check also to see if there is anything enabled
under the

# EVENT BROKER MODULE(S)

...and if so comment it out and reload config.

I'm not sure is this will help you or if this is actually your setup,
this is just something I have seen when using a database with Nagios, I
may be talking about something totally different.

-DOn