NSClient configuration

Chris Goosen cgoosen at jhb.artec.co.za
Wed Jan 25 12:13:57 CET 2006

Hello,

>From my personal experience, I would recommend you use NSClient++
(http://nscplus.sourceforge.net/)

Hope this helps

Chris

________________________________

From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Yogesh
Hasabnis
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:01 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] NSClient configuration

Hi All,

I am trying to configure nagios for monitoring a few Win2000 servers. As
per the nagios faqs I was planning to use NSClient addon to achieve
this. The system requirements for NSClient as per the readme file
include a tool/package called SvCom components. But after searching on
the net I find that it is a commercial tool/package. So how can I manage
to use NSClient for monitoring of Windows servers ?   Or do I have to
compulsarily use SNMP option for this purpose ?

Kindly give suggestions.

Thanks In Advance

Yogesh