sending two lines with check_tcp plugin

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Tue Jan 24 08:56:37 CET 2006

Hello,

	I am trying to monitor one of my servers with check_tcp plugin. With
this, I could send a string to the server (to the specified port) and
analize the answer in order to get an OK, warning or critical message.

	But the problem I have is that I need to send two lines to the server I
want to check, not just one. I have tried to put:

	check_tcp ... -s "first line\nthe second one" ...

	but it sends it as is, without substituting \n for a line break. I have
also tried with:

	check_tcp ... -s "the first line" -s "the second one" ...

	but it connects twice with the server.

	Is there anyway to indicate the line break in the string I want to send
to the server?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática