Nagios check a jsp file

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jan 17 21:20:35 CET 2006

> However I know that when I go to that in a browser it pops up
> fine. Anyone know of a solution to this? Is there a special
> plugin or command I can do for a .jsp file? I looked for a
> plugin and I could only find "webinject"
> which doesn't seem to work with Nagios.

webinject does work with Nagios - it actually has a special Nagios mode
built in.  We use it here to process login, search and logout on several
websites, and it works fine.

Your .jsp page may make various assumptions about the format of the HTTP
request.  One example from here is that a .asp page expected the Hostname:
HTTP header to be set, and check_http doesnt do this by default, so it
failed.  We used a few more options, and then switched to webinject, to
achieve this.

You might also like to try the various myriad options available to
check_http, since your page may do many things (like redirect, set cookies,
etc) behind the scenes.  If it is setting cookies, you'd be better off with
webinject.

Steve