Suppressing service notifications if host fail s

Parkinson, Alex Alex.Parkinson at awmlimited.com.au
Tue Jan 17 00:04:19 CET 2006

Hi Mott,

I do not know what service checks have been configured for the failed host.
That being said, it may be the case that the failed host was still
responding to ping, whilst the higher level services had failed.

I have found it useful to configure ping as a service check to give a visual
indication of the state of the host - this is duplicate some of the ping
checking of a host.

Regards,

Alex Parkinson
Senior Communications / Security Administrator

Australian Wealth Management
Information Technology
Level 9, 80 Alfred Street
Milsons Point NSW 2061