Suppressing service notifications if host fails

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jan 16 22:10:38 CET 2006

Nagios will automagically suppress service notifications for down hosts
if you have a properly configured host check_command that returns
CRICITAL or UNREACHABLE when the host is down.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/networkreachability.html -
Monitoring Services on Down or Unreachable Hosts

--
Marc