Nagios 2.0 and Nagmin

Jeff Williams jeffwilliams05 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 18:22:33 CET 2006

> Groundwork Monitor Architect (Monarch) is a free open-source configuration
> tool released under the GPL, which can be used to configure Nagios OR
> Groundwork Monitor.
>
> One of the guys at Groundwork have also released Fruity, another GPL
> licensed config tool.
>
> Both of them support Nagios 2.0 config files and are actively supported.
>
> Toby

Ah, but do they support existing escalations? From my experience they
don't unless I am doing escalations in a strange manner. I have not
heard back from anyone regarding this issue from this list or from the
fruity developer. I have posted a bug report with fruity.

I would love to use a web-based configuration tool, but if I must
re-configure all of my existing hosts and services to do so, that is
going a little too far. I have not yet found one that will give me the
desired functionality I am looking for with support for my existing
escalations.

Jeff