Service Clusters - how to suppress individual chec ks

Parkinson, Alex Alex.Parkinson at awmlimited.com.au
Mon Jan 16 04:37:21 CET 2006

Hi,

You could try using the service dependency functionality.

Both the "execution_failure_critetia" and the
"notification_failure_criteria" have an option of "o = fail on an OK state".
This means the service check of the dependent service or notifications for
the dependent service are not carried out if the service being depended on
is OK.

This could allow you to ignore the two 'failed' services until the primary
service fails. I don't whether you would want to stop the services checks
until the primary service fails or just stop notifications.

Hope this is useful!

Regards,

Alex Parkinson
Senior Communications / Security Administrator

Australian Wealth Management
Information Technology
Level 9, 80 Alfred Street
Milsons Point NSW 2061