Setting up Web Interface

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jan 12 17:37:07 CET 2006

Did you try issuing the GET command? I would also try it from another
host as well. You can try it from Terminal if you're using OSX or from
cmd if you're on a Windows machine. Christian Joergensen had a good
thought about a firewall (or iptables) preventing the connection.

--
Marc

Prather
> 			Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:50 AM
> 			To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> 			Subject: [Nagios-users] Setting up Web Interface
>
> 			Can some tell if there should be a cgi-bin
directory
> under nagios.  I
>

> 		am
>

> 			following the directions as followed:
>
> 			ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin
/usr/local/nagios/sbin
> (this
>

> 		/nagios/cgi-bin
>

> 			is not a directory for me.  should I created it)
>

> 		No you do not need to create a cgi-bin directory. The
> ScriptAlias
> 		redirects all requests for /nagios/cgi-bin to the sbin
> directory.
>

> 			<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
> 			    Options ExecCGI
> 			    AllowOverride None
> 			    Order allow,deny
> 			    Allow from all
> 			    AuthName "Nagios Access"
> 			    AuthType Basic
> 			    AuthUserFile
/usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
> 			    Require valid-user
> 			</Directory>
>
> 			Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share
>
> 			<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
> 			    Options None
> 			    AllowOverride None
> 			    Order allow,deny
> 			    Allow from all
> 			    AuthName "Nagios Access"
> 			    AuthType Basic
> 			    AuthUserFile
/usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
> 			    Require valid-user
> 			</Directory>
>

> 			When I open a browser window from the server and
> http://ldm1/nagios
>

> 		the
>

> 			connection just times out.  I have apache
running any
> ideas?
>

> 		A timeout indicates to me that your web server isn't
listening
> or is
> 		ignoring the request for some reason. Do you see the
request
> in apache's
> 		access or error logs? Did you restart it after making
the
> changes above?
> 		What happens when you perform the following from the
command
> line --
>
> 		$ telnet your-nagios-webserver.com 80
> 		    (connection information displayed)
> 		GET /nagios HTTP/1.0
>
> 		(some output will follow).
>
> 		Also verify that you have htaccess properly configured.
>
> 		--
> 		Marc

grep
> through log files
> 		for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search
engine that
> makes
> 		searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.
> DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
> 		http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click
> <http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id%16865&op=click>
> 		::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v)
and OS
> when reporting any issue.
> 		::: Messages without supporting info will risk being
sent to