Setting up Web Interface

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jan 12 17:20:14 CET 2006

/nagios/cgi-bin
> is not a directory for me.  should I created it)

No you do not need to create a cgi-bin directory. The ScriptAlias
redirects all requests for /nagios/cgi-bin to the sbin directory.

> <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
>     Options ExecCGI
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
>     AuthName "Nagios Access"
>     AuthType Basic
>     AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
>     Require valid-user
> </Directory>
>
> Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share
>
> <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
>     Options None
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
>     AuthName "Nagios Access"
>     AuthType Basic
>     AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
>     Require valid-user
> </Directory>
>

> When I open a browser window from the server and http://ldm1/nagios
the
> connection just times out.  I have apache running any ideas?

A timeout indicates to me that your web server isn't listening or is
ignoring the request for some reason. Do you see the request in apache's
access or error logs? Did you restart it after making the changes above?
What happens when you perform the following from the command line --

$ telnet your-nagios-webserver.com 80
    (connection information displayed)
GET /nagios HTTP/1.0

(some output will follow).

Also verify that you have htaccess properly configured.

--
Marc