Setting up Web Interface

Sameka Prather Sameka.Prather at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 12 16:49:36 CET 2006

Can some tell if there should be a cgi-bin directory under nagios.  I am
following the directions as followed:

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/local/nagios/sbin  (this /nagios/cgi-bin is not a directory for me.  should I created it)

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
    Options ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthName "Nagios Access"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthName "Nagios Access"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

When I open a browser window from the server and http://ldm1/nagios the
connection just times out.  I have apache running any ideas?

Thank you,
Sameka Prather
Office of Internet Services
sameka.prather at noaa.gov