check_http

Mike Holloway mikhollo at cisco.com
Thu Jan 12 16:47:03 CET 2006

Easiest way would probably be to just hack on check_http.c to suit
your needs (search for HTTP OK) and then recompile and copy the
executable to your libexec folder.  A more convoluted way would be to
write a script (sh or perl) that execs check_http and then passes the
output through a stream editor and exits with the same exit code as
check_http.  You would need to make a new checkcommand, maybe:

define command{
	command_name		check_http_formatted
         command_line		$USER1$/check_http_formatted.sh $ARG1$ $ARG2$
$ARG3$ $USER1$
}

and then for check_http_formatted.sh something like:

#!/bin/bash
output=`$4/check_http -H $1 -w $2 -c $3`
exitcode=$?
echo $output | sed -e 's/HTTP/$1 HTTP/'
exit($exitcode)

-mike