Check_disk problem on remote machines

Tim O'Hare tim at infostream.com.au
Mon Jan 9 23:42:58 CET 2006

Hello Miguel,
In our checkcommands.cfg file we have:

  command_line    $USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 60 -n
$HOSTNAME$ -s check_sda1_by_ssh -C '/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk
-w 20 -c 10 -p /dev/sda1'

and in our services.cfg we have:

# Check sda1 by ssh Service Definition Template
define service{
         name                            check_sda1_by_ssh
         service_description             Check_sda1_by_ssh
         check_command                   check_sda1_by_ssh

         contact_groups                  support
         notification_interval           0
         notification_period             workhours
         notification_options            c,f                     ;
Critical, Flapping
         register                        0       ; DONT REGISTER THIS
DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL SERVICE, JUST A TEMPLATE!
         }

define service{
         use                             check_sda1_by_ssh       ; Name
of service template to use
         host_name                       megarouter
         }

and it works successfully.

How are you referencing it in your services.cfg file i.e. what are you
using for the check_command?

cheers, Tim