notify via sms

Thibault Genessay tgenessay at aliadis.fr
Mon Jan 9 10:40:36 CET 2006

Askar Ali wrote:

> My problem is that my gnokii is running on another machine then
> nagios, can someone guide me how to pipe message from  nagios machine
> to machine running sms gateway (gnokii) ?
> so that " echo $mess | gnokii --sendsms $number" do the sending of sms.

You can use a remote shell like SSH and issue the command
ssh gnokii-user at gnokii-host 'echo $mess | gnokii --sendsms $number'
from your Nagios host.
However, automating this process requires the use of an authentication
agent like ssh-agent.
You might also try to use NSCA or NRPE, or any custom remote check
execution service, especially if one is already deployed on your Gnokii
machine. This avoids the setup of ssh-agent at the cost of being less
secure.

Regards

--
Thibault GENESSAY