Send only X Notifications on failure

Rob Maij rmaij at jbg.com
Sat Jan 7 03:27:42 CET 2006

mario at bortal.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> define serviceescalation{
>>      host_name           xxx01
>>      service_description check_http
>>      first_notification  1
>>     ** last_notification   60**
>>      notification_interval       10
>>      contact_groups              Admins
>>      escalation_period   24x7
>>      escalation_options  w,u,c,r
>>     }
>>
>> Change the "last notification" to the number of messages you want to
>> be send out
>>   for the service .
>>
>> if you want only one for each event - just change it to 1 .
>
> Can you set the last_notification globally?
> I have about 12Services to monitor, and it would be useful if i could
> only define it once.
>
> Otherwise my escalation config will get pretty big.
>
> Thanks, Mario

>you can use "notification_interval 0" in your service template, like it
is described in the fine manuals:

<snip>

>notification_interval:	This directive is used to define the number of
>"time units" to wait before re-notifying a contact that this service is
still in a non-OK state. Unless you've changed the interval_length
>directive from the default value of 60, this number will mean minutes.
>If you set this value to 0, Nagios will not re-notify contacts about
problems for this service - only one problem notification will be sent
>out.

</snip>

-vol

I upgraded to version 1.3 and ever since my service notifications go out
every 10 minutes.  Notification_interval is set to 0.  When I go to
"View Configs" from the web page and look at the services, all the
services indicate "No Re-notification".  It was fine prior to the
upgrade to 1.3.  We would only get one notification.  Can this be fixed
or (I am unable to check this out at the moment and just wondering) will
setting notification_interval to 90 change it from 10 to 90 minutes?

IMPORTANT: The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential and is

intended only for the named addressee(s). If you are neither the intended recipient(s) nor a person responsible for the delivery of this transmittal to the

intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any distribution, copying, re-use or dissemination of this transmittal is prohibited.  If you have

received this transmittal in error, please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error and then delete it. This e-mail and all other

electronic communications from JBG Properties, Inc. or any of its affiliates and their respective representatives are for informational purposes only, and no

such communication is intended by the sender to constitute an electronic signature, electronic record or any agreement by the sender to conduct a transaction

by electronic means.  Any such intention or agreement is hereby expressly disclaimed unless otherwise explicitly indicated.