ping hanging.

Hammond, Robin-David%KB3IEN muaddib at databit7.com
Sat Jan 7 05:02:12 CET 2006

In order to try to diagnose the nagios problem whereby it enteres the
wait state indefinitely, i added some debugging code to commands.c, and
rebuilt nagios 2.0rc1. I am now getting a very strange error

/Warning: Attempting to execute the command "/check_ping -H 4400::34 -w
3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1 -t 10 -6" resulted in a return code of 127.
Make sure the script or binary you are trying to execute actually
exists...

over and over.

this is particularly confusiong as i never reran configure nor did I ever
uninstall the /check_ping programme it is still in place and executable.

Any ideas?

  Microsoft: Where do you want to go tomorrow?
  Linux: Where do you want to go today?
  BSD: Are you guys coming, or what?

Robin-David Hammond	KB3IEN