Notification problem

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Fri Jan 6 21:50:22 CET 2006

On a downed host, ping service alerts will get suppressed by host alerts if
you're also using ping to check the host.

If you're using the standard ping-based check_host_alive, you should only
get ping-service problem notifications when the host is still pingable but
packetloss/RTT is in your warning or critical ranges.

For your test, set up your test host to use "check_dummy 0" for the host
check, then test your ping service notifications again.  That way host-check
interaction is out of the equation.