opinions on web-based configuration utilities

Jeff Williams jeffwilliams05 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 17:16:48 CET 2006

Does anyone have other recommendations for web-based Nagios
configuration besides fruity, monarch, or creating my own? Fruity
doesn't want to import my escalations or my generic host/service
template and monarch gives me an error about not being able to create
the table it wants to create in the monarch_setup script.

I am trying to import escalations (into fruity) that exist in this format:

-----------------

define hostescalation{
        host_name                     server1,server2,server3
        first_notification            2
        last_notification             2
        notification_interval         5
        contact_groups                oncall
}
define hostescalation{
        host_name                     server1,server2,server3
        first_notification            3
        last_notification             4
        notification_interval         5
        contact_groups                oncall,backup
}
define hostescalation{
        host_name                     server1,server2,server3
        first_notification            5
        last_notification             0
        notification_interval         0
        contact_groups                oncall,backup
}

define serviceescalation{
        host_name                     server1,server2,server3
        service_description           PING
        first_notification            2
        last_notification             2
        notification_interval         5
        contact_groups                oncall
}
define serviceescalation{
        host_name                     server1,server2,server3
        service_description           PING
        first_notification            3
        last_notification             4
        notification_interval         5
        contact_groups                oncall,backup
}
define serviceescalation{
        host_name                     server1,server2,server3
        service_description           PING
        first_notification            5
        last_notification             0
        notification_interval         0
        contact_groups                oncall,backup
}

I have multiple escalation files that exist within
[nagiosdir]/etc/escalations/. This is specified in my nagios.cfg that
gets imported, but the import log clearly states that 0 host
escalations and 0 service escalations will be imported. For those that
are familiar with fruity, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your time.

Jeff