Commands after a service/host failure

Cook, Garry gwcook at arcadis-us.com
Thu Jan 5 19:17:28 CET 2006

Event Handlers.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/eventhandlers.html

Thanks,
Garry

________________________________

From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Chris
McKeever
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:10 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Commands after a service/host failure

Is there a way to execute code after a service failure?
In particular, our nagios machines network, likes to loose subnets on
occassion, resulting in notifications that hosts are down
a network restart kicks it all back into gear, and we are doing that on
a cron every hour or so.  It would be much more efficient if after the
first time the host is found to be down (before any notification) to try
a network restart, therefore getting everything back online and no false
notifications sent.

Any ideas?

--
please respond to the list .. if you need to contact me direct

<A href="http://www.prupref.com">Simply Chicago Real Estate</A>